Here’s a quick think-ahead list that you can save or print to help you get your party started. Simply tick off the boxes below to make sure you got everything covered.
- Select you party venue.
- Prepare your guest list.
- Decide on a your party theme.
- Pick your party date and time.
- Purchase your party supplies (decors, tableware, candles, balloons and favors) in store or online at Party Centre.
- Send out invitations at least 2 weeks before the party.
- Plan your menu and drinks.
- Order your cake from your bakery.
- Plan your party entertainment such as games and activities.
- Shop for food and drinks (TIP: It's always better to shop for more than you think you need)
- Check the camera, charge and purchase reserve batteries and memory cards.
- Confirm and update your Guest Count and plan for extra guests showing up.
- Schedule your Balloon Pickups at Party Centre.
- Plan the party music, sound system and party playlist.
- Finish decorating your cake or pick it up if ordered.*
- Plan for match sticks for lighting birthday candles.*
- Childproof your party venue.
- Decorate the indoor party area and get creative ideas and inspiration for your party décor from Party Centre.
- Refrigerate party food and drinks that need to be chilled overnight.
- Pick up your balloons from Party Centre or inflate them if you have your do-it-yourself tank.
- Prepare remaining last minute menu items and get the drinks on ice.
- Set the Table. Get decorating ideas for coordinated tableware from Party Centre.
- Display your party food, drinks, appetizers and other party snacks at least one to two hours before your guests arrive.
- All Set! Now have fun and mingle with your guests. Let the party begin !!
3 to 4 weeks before your party:
2 to 3 weeks before the party:
2 to 3 DAYS before the party:
1 DAY before the party:
Download your printable Party Checklist in PDF format. *Optional
Discover other exciting Party Tips and Ideas for amazing parties truly worth remembering!